Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's hard to credit that people can be that greedy

Pay "czar" Feinberg (does the fact that every damn government adviser has to be a "czar" irritate everyone as much as it does me?) got to cut some incompetent bankers' and car makers' pay packages today, and I bet it felt really good. But "Recent news that Goldman Sachs Group Inc (sic) had set aside $16.8 billion for compensation, so soon after repaying $10 billion in taxpayer money, fueled concerns that Wall Street was already returning to the lavish pay practices that were commonplace before the financial crisis struck."

"Feinberg hinted the bailed-out firms did not seem to get the message adding that without exception, all of the pay plans that they submitted were inconsistent with the public interest."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091022/bs_nm/us_financial_pay_5

I was in a Bank of America branch a couple of weeks ago, waiting for my boss to withdraw cash to pay me, and some manager leech actually walked out of her office, came over to me and said "People hanging around in sunglasses make us nervous. Are you with (my boss)?" I was pissed, so I answered "yes, but I have my passport if you'd like to see it." She proceeded to ask me what I did for him etc., with seemingly no idea what a rude idiot she was being. I was so taken aback that I couldn't think of anything to say, so I gave her minimal answers. This is the same bank which charges me $6 to cash my own paycheck, unless I start an account there. Highly friggin' unlikely. These people are incredibly oblivious to the image they project. They just don't get it, do they? If I had any assets in any of those companies, I would be yanking them out sooooo fast... It pisses me off to no end that my money goes to save these supercilious, smug, greedy bastards, just to watch them hand out bonuses and act like there was never any crisis, and that they earn every penny, even though without your and my help they'd all go under. "Too big to fail"? Bullshit. Let 'em go under.

No comments: